WHAT YOU NEED:
Equal Amounts of the Following Spices:
- Ground Black Pepper
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Cardamom Seeds
- Ginger Powder
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Mix the spices in a spice mill or mortar and pestle to form a fine, uniform powder.
2. Store in a glass container; keep cool and dry.
TO MAKE TEA:
1. Use unflavored, loose black tea (darjeeling is good).
2. Boil 6 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
3. Add 6 cups rice or soymilk and bring it to the boiling point.
4. Add the tea leaves and brew to desired strength
5. Add sweetener to taste and tea spice mixture (1/4 teaspoon per cup)
6. Strain through sieve and serve steaming hot.
1. Tea spice can also be added to individual cups of tea if using tea bags; just add 1/4 teaspoon to each cup.
2. For a decaffeinated herbal version, substitute peppermint tea for the darjeeling.
Snagged from Paku Paku.